Winter is still hanging on! Do you know how to use your snow blower safely? Follow these Safety Tips to blow snow more efficiently and safely. Following these tips can help you blow snow more efficiently and safely:
· Don’t wear clothing that dangles and can get caught in a snow blower’s moving parts.
· Before you start using a snow blower, remove impediments such as wires and newspapers that can clog or damage the machine.
· When your area has had several inches of accumulated wet snow, you may experience issues with your snow blower clogging. When snow clogs the machine, it’s important that you NOT try to fix it using your fingers/hand. Most people think right after they turn the machine off, the blades won’t rotate. WRONG! In fact, each year statistics show hundreds of people suffers from finger and hand injuries due to improper snow blower handling. Honda two stage snow blowers include a special declogging tool. Always use it to unclog your snow blower!
· Gas-powered snow blowers can create carbon monoxide poisoning if the area isn’t properly ventilated. So stay away from enclosed areas such as a garage or shed when you start and run this type of snow blower.
· When using an HS720 snow blower with electric start, be sure you have an approved outdoor extension cord for your model and connect it to a properly grounded outlet.
· If it’s extremely cold outside, take frequents breaks to avoid excessive physical exertion that can cause health issues.
Remember all snow blowers aren’t equal as it pertains to steering and control, blower diameter for increased snow removal speed, serrated ice breaking augers, distance control mechanisms and snow throwing capacity/distance to name a few.
Alpine-Smith, Inc., 2193 Eloise Ave South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-4313, (530) 541-0250 is here to answer your questions and help with your snow blower needs.